Thursday, March 18, 2010

Family - Finding Your Roots

Nothing has made me fill more grounded in who I am and where I came from than my genealogy research.  It is an addictive hobby and having had more success in the area than I ever expected, I've decided to promote this talent by helping others to find their roots.  Please contact me for details at  Have an awesome day. 

Thursday, March 11, 2010


Today I find myself thinking about friends -- I am so blessed to have so many.  Unfortunately, our lifestyle means that many of my friends are not close enough to see very often.  Modern technology has made it possible, however to chat with almost everyone daily and facebook will probably tell you more than you ever wanted to know about absolutely everyone!  DH is planning to retire this year and of course, travel is definitely going to be a part of our retirement.  So look out if you see a big RV pulling up, either put out the welcome mat or turn off the lights and lock the door....

Treasure your friends and remember to tell them how much they mean to you.

"Friends are the chocolate chips in the cookies of life"   

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Home Again - for A Little While

Being away from home makes you appreciate it when you return.  And finally the weather is turning nice.  We have lots of birdlife on the river, both blue and white herons, osprey, hawks and geese.  We also have a herd of axis that roams the backyard early in the morning before the whitetail deer come to feed.  I've been busy making some crafty things and will be posting them shortly.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons....

make hot apple cider with tequila.. well, I'll let you know how that one works out.  Life has thrown me yet another curve and I must make the best of it.  However, it is that time of year when there's a nip in the air, the leaves are falling and some parts of the world are painted in vibrant oranges, reds, purples and yellows.  In the fall I get homesick for the vibrant foilage of the South Carolina autumn which should be just about at it's peak now.  The hills of Texas are impressive but we just don't get that fabulous fall show that other parts of the country does.  It's easy to overlook that when we're having short sleeve weather in December -- one of the advantages of living here.

I'll leave you with this thought:
"When life gives you lemons ask for salt and tequila!"

Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

I am woman-- hear me roar...Helen Reddy has given me much inspiration over the years.  I attribute my strength to my mom who is one of the strongest women I have ever met.  We have come such a long way and still we are not equal.  Can you imagine a man sitting at his desk, worrying about a child he sent to school with a fever and wondering when the phone will ring and once again, he will have to explain to his boss why he has to leave?  Or did he remember to put out something to thaw for dinner, did he make that doctors appointment for his wife?  Did he remember to take the birth control pill this morning?  I could go on and on..  women are multitaskers because we have to be.  We are succeeding in the business world because we are good at doing several things simultaneously and doing them well.  Kudos to all my wonderful female friends and family.  You make the world a better place for me.  I love you all! 

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad & Mom

Today and tomorrow are my parents birthdays. Today my Dad is 94 years old.  I almost put 94 years young as is sometimes done but then I thought about it and as much as we'd like to be younger.. the reality is we're not.  Mom will be 80 tomorrow.  I am very blessed to still have my parents. Dad is on his computer every day, playing checkers and checking his email. Mom enjoys reading, watching TV and family.  I'm extremely happy to say that they are both in relatively good health. 

"Age is a privilege not a predicament" (borrowed quote) 

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reflections of the Past..

Someone ask on facebook yesterday "what do you regret"?  Most answers were "nothing, I wouldn't change a thing!"  Well, let me tell you those people haven't lived long enough because there are always regrets.  I regret not appreciating the small things in life.  I regret not being a better wife and mother.  I let the precious moments in life slip by and now they are gone forever.  Having said that, and on a brighter note, each day is a new beginning.  We can make it whatever we want.  It's how we respond to the things that happen to us that makes it either a good day or a bad day.   It's the 90/10 theory of 10 % you can't control but the other 90% is up to you.  It's never too late to make magic moments and great memories.